Welcome to the Abundant Community Initiative for North Glenora (ACING). ACING is based on Abundant Community Edmonton, a neighbourhood engagement and community organizing framework developed by the City of Edmonton to build on the strengths of Edmonton’s community leagues. While the City of Edmonton developed the framework, ACING is a program operated and paid for by the North Glenora Community League and any information collected as part of the initiative will not be shared beyond the community league.
What is the Abundant Community Edmonton framework?
The Abundant Community Initiative for North Glenora supports the vision of North Glenora residents who foresee a sustainable, safe, and proactive community where people participate in community life.
To support the collaboration of North Glenora residents, the North Glenora Community League, and other local associations and institutions for the purpose of building a sustainable, safe, and proactive community where people participate in community life.
- Nurture the strong spirit of North Glenora and enhance the social fabric of the community
- Reduce social isolation by promoting community connection, belonging, and neighbourliness
- Build neighbourhood identity and pride by encouraging all residents to take ownership of the collective vision and well-being of the community
- Work to preserve and improve the quality of life currently enjoyed by residents by fostering an environment of care for one another, addressing concerns, and building a future based on the strengths of the past
- Build the capacity of the neighbourhood to engage with the North Glenora Community League and other community supports
Use the links to the below to learn more about ACING